Monday, May 18, 2015

My experience with TOGAF certification

I got TOGAF 9.1 certification recently and thought about sharing my experience with the folks aspiring for TOGAF certification. You may find the TOGAF links provided in this blog helpful. Please feel free to leave your feedback/comments.

Why TOGAF certification?:

I worked as 'Application Architect' for the client which happens to be one of the biggest insurance companies in US. I got a chance to work in one of their key projects that required us to develop the architecture for their Claim division. We analyzed all the industry standard architecture frameworks and found TOGAF most suitable probably because it is built on open standards and flexible enough to be customized. TOGAF's ADM and its rich content framework came handy for successful completion of the project. Ever since, I wanted to obtain TOGAF certification.

Exam Structure:

In order to get TOGAF certified, following two exams needs to be passed:
1) Part1 (TOGAF Foundation) Exam: This exam comprises 40 questions in multiple choice format. Exam duration is 60 min and pass mark is 55%.
2) Part2 (TOGAF Certified) Exam: This exam comprises 8 scenario based questions. Exam duration is 90 min and pass mark is 60%.

Above exams can be taken together or separately. However, passing Part1 exam is pre-requirement for Part2 exam. I took Part1 and Part2 exams together.

How long does it take to prepare for the exam?:

It depends on individual's learning speed and prior experience with the TOGAF. I had the hands-on experience with TOGAF and still it took around 10 weeks of preparation. I went for self-study, but instructor led training is available for this exam. I will suggest to first go through the exam requirements and study materials before making a decision to book the exam date through Prometric. However, good thing is that the exam can be rescheduled without paying any fee if done at least 7 days prior to the exam date (more details on http://www.opengroup.org/togaf/cert/docs/TOGAF_Certification_Agreement.html).

Strategy to crack the exam:

Study guide (find the link below) for Part1 seems to be enough to pass that exam. However, Part2 exam is tricky and requires the application of TOGAF knowledge in solving the complex scenarios encountered by Enterprise Architects. This exam requires the in-depth knowledge of TOGAF and lot of practice to use the knowledge in TOGAF way. Study guide comes with few practice exams. Practice exams are available on the web also.

Important Links:

Below are the important links related to TOGAF (Current Version is 9.1) certification:

  • TOGAF Home Page:
  • TOGAF Certification site (Provides the idea that the certification requires part1 and part2 to be completed, separately or together):
  • Study Guide for Part 1 (Foundation) and Part 2 exams:
  • Exam Requirements:
  • To Schedule the exam:
  • TOGAF Standard:

5 comments:

  1. I’m so relieved after getting the certification of TOGAF 9 Part 2. It was impossible to me get that certification in single attempt. With the help of miraculous OG0-092 Dumps I got success in exam. The study material I got from RealExamDumps made me memorize the all topics with basic concepts and helped me achieved my goal. In that study guide they provided objective questions and answers. Through online test practice I experienced the same exam exposure and learnt to manage myself to handle all question in time more efficiently. I will purpose this study guide on the base of experience I had with this efficient study guide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOGAF 9 is considered a very challenging certification but it has become rather easier with the introduction of 2020 OG0-092 dumps pdf. I prepared from the material on Exam4lead that has been designed by the qualified experts who are doing their work with their heart and soul and there is no doubt about their experience and sincerity as their work is a proof of it. I don’t have words that will justify their efforts so I am thankful to the whole team working for the production of such a useful exam material.

    https://www.exam4lead.com/the-open-group.html

    ReplyDelete
  3.   To secure your future i suggest you to  use only CertsAgnet for exam preparation. Because of CertsAgent i passed my test with ease because their exam dumps are amazing 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have done my best to bring so good grades in The Open Group exam but it would not be possible without The Open Group dumps. Passexam4sure.com has provided all the needed information in this compact material. You can also assure your success with The Open Group exam dumps.

    https://www.passexam4sure.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the best time to get latest PDF for the preparations of certification exams. These exam dumpsare very useful you can get 100% success

    ReplyDelete